• You cannot reply to this topic

How to use the forums

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

Here's a small visual tutorial on how to use these forums. I use Invision Power Board so some of you may be familiar with it but I do realize a lot of you don't hang out on forums so here's a little walkthrough.

Posted Image
If you haven't already done so, hit the 'register' button up at the top right.

Posted Image
Or hit the >> button at the top right, if you're on mobile. (It turns into << when it's active)

Posted Image
Now you can go to the TGOG subforums and see what everyone's up to.

Posted Image
First things first, go to the Introductions forum and introduce yourself to everyone even if you think everyone knows who you are.

Posted Image
Click on the start new topic button on the upper right of the forum list. This will take you to the post form.

Posted Image
Fill your post with relevant information, including a title and a description (if you feel like it).

Posted Image
When you're done, click the 'post new topic' button underneath. I've enabled file attachments but please use them only when necessary, you don't have to attach something every single post.

Posted Image
You can also go and edit your profile information, and upload an avatar so people can easily identify you.

Posted Image
on the mobile devices it's under the >> (<< when active) button at the top again.

Posted Image
Your avatar appears on every forum post you make, while the personal photo is only displayed on your profile.

Posted Image
This is what a normal forum post looks like, with all of the settings visually laid out for you in case you're not sure what a particular attribute means.

Posted Image
The first thing I do when I go back to the boards is click on the 'active topics' list. this displays a list of all topics that have activity in them since the last time you've visited.

Posted Image
Obligatory forum 'use search function' blurb. If you think someone's asked about it before (or maybe you're looking for an event) hit the search bar and see if it shows up.

I hope this is enough to help out new forum-goers, but if you guys have any questions then feel free to ask.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users