• You cannot reply to this topic

SLR B15 SBR (custom) another scratchbuilt AR-15

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:06 PM

About a month ago I decided to try and take a chance on an Aliexpress receiver set marketed for gelball blasters. I got it in and test fit it with some v2 AEG parts and it seems to all line up.

Posted Image
Receiver set pinned together at the front as it arrived. Grip and upper accessories came separate, only thing assembled was the charging handle

Posted Image
Lining up the grip, left side view

Posted Image
Right side view with the grip

Posted Image
Accessory bag contents, unfortunately the takedown pins are a bit weird (and uncoated, thus rusting) so I might use my own for this build.

Posted Image
Retro Arms gearbox fits well, rear takedown and trigger pin holes both line up. That's a first although I've only done heavy modifications to G&G receivers in the past so that's probably why

Posted Image
Charging handle is a bit tight with this gearbox, I might have to swap it out with a spare Krytac one I have laying around. It interferes with something on the top of the gearbox shell and cannot pull smoothly.

I think the best thing to do is to build a DSG and tune it in another receiver to avoid damaging this one for as long as possible. I just got in an A&K receiver so perhaps I'll save a build for that one until after this SLR is built.

I'm liking the SLR B15 SBR/pistol build on their website: https://slrriflework...s-set-cerakote/ I think I'll work on making it look like this. The SLR gallery shows that they prefer using Magpul grips so maybe I won't use this kit grip with the build. We shall see

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:59 PM

The rail I intended to use with this build came in.

Posted Image
I forgot that Dytac made SLR AR-15s, but this came branded differently. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same product anyway tho

Posted Image
I'm assuming this notch up top is for some alignment device, I will see in the next session when I put the receiver together.

Posted Image
Very nice molding, and it is very light due to being made out of what appears to be glass fiber nylon.

Next step is to decide on an outer barrel and suppressor combo to use with this build, once that's together then the SBR should finally take shape. I have to work on a DSG gearbox for this whenever I have time, but probably won't be for awhile as I still have to finish the Masada commission.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users